Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Nothing since August 2nd?

Ye gods.

OK, I was embarrassed when I asked a librarian about release forms for an event Liz and I are doing in January. Wanted to get some pictures for our blog, says I. Oh, says the librarian, I didn't know you had a blog. Ball in my court, thud. How to explain I have a blog that I haven't updated since, well, since August 2nd.

The rationale has been we will publicize the blog when there is more content. But with no audience, neither of us is motivated to write.

"Main Entry: par·a·dox
Pronunciation: 'par-&-"däks
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin paradoxum, from Greek paradoxon, from neuter of paradoxos contrary to expectation, from para- + dokein to think, seem
1 : a tenet contrary to received opinion
2 a : a statement that is seemingly contradictory or opposed to common sense and yet is perhaps true b : a self-contradictory statement that at first seems true c : an argument that apparently derives self-contradictory conclusions by valid deduction from acceptable premises"
From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary & Thesaurus

I think it's 2c, don't you?

At any rate, this has to end. It is ending. I'm writing something, anything in this bloody blog every day.

Let's see how long it lasts.

And stop that sniggering in the back, right now.

No comments: